||Iterable[Quote]||Iterable(such as list or an object having
• Need help with pandas.DataFrame?
Historical quotes requirements
You must have at least two periods of
quotes to cover the warmup periods; however, more is typically provided since this is a chartable candlestick pattern.
quotes is an
Iterable[Quote] collection of historical price quotes. It should have a consistent frequency (day, hour, minute, etc). See the Guide for more information.
- This method returns a time series of all available indicator values for the
HeikinAshiResultsis just a list of
- It always returns the same number of elements as there are in the historical quotes.
- It does not return a single incremental indicator value.
- The first period will have
Nonevalues since there’s not enough data to calculate.
||Decimal||Modified open price|
||Decimal||Modified high price|
||Decimal||Modified low price|
||Decimal||Modified close price|
||Decimal||Volume (same as
See Utilities and Helpers for more information.
from stock_indicators import indicators # This method is NOT a part of the library. quotes = get_history_from_feed("SPY") # calculate results = indicators.get_heikin_ashi(quotes)
Created by Munehisa Homma, Heikin-Ashi is a modified candlestick pattern that uses prior day for smoothing. [Discuss]